Filing a Civil Process
- Civil processes have to be filed with the issuing County. If issued in Forsyth County, the process
needs to be filed at the Forsyth County Clerk of Courts office
on the 2nd floor of the Hall of Justice located at 201 North Main Street in downtown
- The clerk or plaintiff will deliver the process to the Forsyth County Sheriff's
Office along with a $30.00 processing fee per person being served. Service fees can be paid in cash, check
or money order made payable to the Fosyth County Sheriff's Office.
- The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office will attempt to serve the process.
- Once service or attempted service is complete, the process is returned to the Clerks
Office of the issuing county.
|Day of the Week
|Monday - Friday
||8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Out-of-state processes are $50.00 per person to be served.
- Notary Fee - $5.00
Items Needed for Service
- Original process for return of service
- Copies for the defendant
- Self-addressed stamped envelope to whomever the original process needs to be returned to