American Heart Walk
Posted on 10/11/2013
Nearly 4,000 Forsyth County residents will be taking steps toward building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke, at the 2013 Tanglewood Heart and Stroke Walk Saturday, October 19. The speaking program, which includes the Survivor Ceremony and Adult and Kids’ Lifestyle Change Awards will begin at 8:20 am. The one mile and four mile walk begins at 9:00 am.
For more information on the Tanglewood Heart and Stroke Walk, visit tanglewoodheartwalk.org.
Tanglewood Park (at the concert shell) Clemmons, NC
- Saturday, October 19, 2013
- Gates Open at 7:30 am
- Festivities begin at 8:00 am
- Speaking program and survivor ceremony at 8:20 am
- Walk begins at 9:00 am
Footage/interviews of families and companies walking to fight heart disease and stroke. Sample interviews include:
- 2013 Adult and Kid’s Lifestyle Change Award Winner – to be announced at the Walk
- Steve Snelgrove – president of Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center and chairman of the 2013 Tanglewood Heart and Stroke Walk
- Deborah Moore – heart transplant survivor, founder of the “Second Hearts” Walk team comprised of local heart transplant survivors and their families
- Kevin Bray – firefighter with Kernersville Fire Rescue and stroke survivor, Kernersville Fire Rescue is walking in honor of Fire Rescue Chief Walt Summerville and Captain Dave Davenport
- Lesli Schmid – local heart disease survivor and TE Connectivity employee
- Terri and Bekka Collins – local child stroke survivor walking for stroke research
- Starr and Vyncent Tysinger – one year-old congenital heart disease survivor
All event information provided by event organizers.
The abovementioned event and organization are not affiliated with Forsyth County in any way. It is a separate and independent organization, which is responsible for and manages its own activities and affairs. This event is a contractual agreement between the organization and Forsyth County.