Frequently Asked Questions

QHow do I make a complaint or get information regarding rats, mosquitoes, and ticks?
AContact the Department of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health at (336) 703-3225 to report rat bites and get information and assistance regarding diseases transmitted by rats, mosquitoes and ticks. No government agency baits for rats so, you may need to contact a pest control company for assistance. Top
QWhat is the Health Department doing regarding West Nile Virus?
AThe Department of Public Health through its “mosquito surveillance program” regularly investigates and evaluates mosquito breeding areas within Forsyth County. The Department continuously monitors the spread of reported infectious diseases such as West Nile Virus. The “Vector Control program” utilizes information and data collected to determine an appropriate plan to reduce the exposure of the citizens of Forsyth County to Mosquito-born disease. Top
QIf I see dead birds, who do I call?
AYou may report the following dead birds to the Department of Public Health: Blue Jays, Crows, and Hawks. All other birds may be reported to the US Fish and Wildlife at (919) 856-4786.Top

Current Weather

Forsyth County Services

  • Stay Rabies Free.  Avoid Wildlife.
  • Getting Married?  Complete your worksheet online.

Online Tools