Low-Cost Rabies Vaccination Clinic
Posted on 10/10/2012
The Forsyth County Rabies Clinic Committee offers low-cost rabies clinics for cats, dogs, and ferrets over 3 months of age in the Spring and Fall of each year. The Fall 2012 Clinic is scheduled for Saturday, October 20, 2012.
Who is Eligible
Dogs, cats and ferrets over 3 months of age. We will vaccinate pets from Forsyth and other counties in North Carolina.
The cost to vaccinate each pet is $5.00
11:00 am to 3 pm
The clinic will be held at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds Cattle Barn (Gate 9 on 27th Street)
It is required that dogs be on leashes, cats and ferrets be in carriers. If you do not have a carrier, loaners are available. For more information call 703-3110 or contact Animal Control 703-2480.
BASIC PET OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep vaccinations up-to-date for all dogs, cats and ferrets. This requirement is important not only to keep your pets from getting rabies, but also to provide a barrier of protection to you, if your animal is bitten by a rabid wild animal.
- License your pet. The licensing registration provides a local database of pets rabies vaccination record. Licensing is mandated for all dogs and cats. Registration is only $5.00 per year for spayed or neutered animals.
- Keep your pets under direct supervision so they do not come in contact with wild animals. If your pet is bitten by a wild animal, seek veterinary assistance for the animal immediately.
- Call your local animal control agency to remove any stray animals from your neighborhood. They may be unvaccinated and could be infected by the disease.
- Spay or neuter your pets to help reduce the number of unwanted pets that may not be properly cared for or regularly vaccinated.