Budget & Management
The Forsyth County Budget and Management Department is responsible for the preparation,
administration, and compilation of the annual budget for all County services. Budget
& Management is a support department for the County Manager’s Office.
Specific activities include:
- Expenditure and revenue forecasting;
- Assistance and advise to departments regarding budget requests and amendments;
- Analyze all budget requests and preparation of the County Manager’s annual recommended
- Preparation of the recommended and approved operating budget presentations and documents;
- Prepare and update the County’s multi-year capital improvement plan;
- Management of non-profit and outside agency budget requests and administration of
- Perform management analysis and program evaluation for the County Manager, Board
of County Commissioners, and County departments.
On May 28, 2015, the Forsyth County Board of County Commissioners adopted the FY
The FY 2015-2016 Adopted Budget includes a tax rate of 73.10 cents, which is an
increase of 1.42 cents over the FY 2014-2015 rate. Of the 73.10 cent tax rate, 4.51
cents is dedicated to two Education Debt leveling Plans. Information about the Education
Debt Leveling Plans can be found on the Budget & Management Departments' "Learn
About..." page. The tax rate for FY 2015-2016 also sets aside .6 cents for the 2015
Library Debt leveling Plan to pay current and future debt service requirements for
bonds approved by voters in a 2010 referendum for Library construction purposes.
Several Fire Tax District rates were adjusted as well in the FY 2015-2016 Adopted
- City View & Talley's Crossing Fire Tax Districts
- Clemmons & South Fork Fire Tax Districts
- Piney Grove Fire Tax District
- Mineral Springs Fire Tax District, Mineral Springs Service District, and Forest
Hills Fire Tax District
- Lewisville Fire Tax District & West Bend Service District
- Salem Chapel Fire Tax District
- Old Richmond Fire Tax District
- Suburban/Rural Hall Fire Tax District
To view the adopted budget document in its entirety, please visit the Adopted Annual Budgets page of our website.
Digital copies of the FY 2016 Adopted Budget can be found at any of the Forsyth
County Public Library Branches. A hard copy of the Adopted Budget is also located
in the Budget and Management Office on the 5th floor of the Forsyth County Government
Thank you for your interest in Forsyth County, North Carolina.