- By Ruddiyette Yisak
- Posted Sunday, December 1, 2019
FORSYTH COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY'S SENSORY-FRIENDLY NEWSLETTER
Forsyth County Public Library's Sensory-Friendly Newsletter is designed for families with children, teens and adults with sensory issues. The programs, books and community support groups will help families find programs and information geared toward this community.
To view our December/January issue, click here.
Please email Ruddiyette Yisak at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the Forsyth County Public Library's Sensory-Friendly Newsletter.
660 West 5th St., Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101 (336-703-3030)
- Thursday, Dec. 12 at 11 a.m.—Sensory-Friendly Freeplay
- Thursday, Dec. 19 at 11 a.m.—Sensory-Friendly Freeplay
Children (ages 5-11) are welcome to play with sensory-friendly toys and activities in the Children's Department at Central Library. Please call 336-703-3040 for more information.
Lewisville Branch Library
6490 Shallowford Rd., Lewisville, N.C. 27023 (336-703-2940)
- Friday, Jan. 3 from 9:30 – 11 a.m.- Autism Society of North Carolina Support Group
- Friday, Feb.7 from 9:30 – 11 a.m.- Autism Society of North Carolina Support Group
This group meets on the first Friday of each month (not always at the Lewisville Branch Library) to provide a space for open discussion by parents and caregivers of people on the autism spectrum who are interested in learning from each other.
To learn more about the Autism Society of North Carolina, click here.
Paddison Memorial Branch Library
248 Harmon Lane, Kernersville, N.C. 27284 (336-703-2930)
- Friday, Jan. 3 at 4 p.m.—Sensory-Friendly Film Friday: “Mary Poppins Returns”
- Friday, Feb. 7 at 4 p.m.—Sensory-Friendly Film Friday: "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Join us for a free film shown in a sensory-friendly environment.