Deputy Sheriff’s perform a variety of duties within the Forsyth County Sheriff’s
Office inclusive of Patrol, Civil, Courtroom, Transportation, and School Resource.
Deputies are expected to exercise independent judgment and discretion in diverse
situations and show considerable tact and confidence when dealing with the public.
Deputies also have to be self motivated and unwavering in their performance to deter
crime and protect the citizens of Forsyth County. Training is provided to all Deputy
Sheriff’s to help prepare them for the hazards of law enforcement.
- Minimum Requirements
Every Justice Officer employed or certified in North Carolina shall:
- Possess Basic Law Enforcement
Training (BLET) certification from the state of NC or currently enrolled in
a BLET program
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a high school graduate, or the equivalent (GED)
- Be fingerprinted (Provided by FCSO)
- Have a medical examination by a licensed physician (Provided by FCSO)
- Produce a negative result on a drug screen (Provided by FCSO)
- Not have previously committed or convicted of a felony
- Not have committed or convicted of a Class B Misdemeanor within the last 5 years
- Not have committed or convicted of any combination of 4 or more misdemeanors in