When & Where
The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office offers fingerprinting as a courtesy to the general
public. Fingerprinting is done on the 2nd floor (main entrance) of the Sheriff’s
Office Administration Building located at 120 West Third Street in downtown Winston-Salem.
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
1:30 - 3:30 pm
$10.00 for first two cards, thereafter $5.00 per card. CASH ONLY (division does
not maintain funds to make change)
- Must provide current/valid identification in the form of either a N.C. Driver's
License or N.C. State Identification Card.
- Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if individual being fingerprinted
is a juvenile.
- Must be for the purpose of employment or state licensing.
- Must not be for international purposes.
- Must not be for immigration issues.
- This service is offered on a first come, first served basis.
- The use of cellular phones is prohibited during the processing stage.
- The division is not responsible for prints that are rejected due to poor or illegible