- By Krista Kindley
- Posted Thursday, June 18, 2009
Attention Generous Community Members
The Relatives as Parents Program ("RAPP") seeks your assistance in providing school supplies to children who live with their grandparents and other relatives. Why do these children need your help? Unexpectedly parenting someone else’s child is challenging. Discrepancies in resources for relative caregivers increase stress during harsh economic times. “RAPP” strives to “fill the gaps” in meeting the needs of relative caregivers and their families.
Who are some relative caregivers in our community?
- A grandmother (age 70) and grandfather (age 73) raising their five- year-old grand daughter
- A sister, age 38, who is raising three younger siblings
- A great aunt, age 62, raising her nine-year-old great grandson
- A grandmother (age 80) and grandfather (age 84) raising their eleven-year-old grandson
- An aunt, age 34, raising her two-year-old nephew and her nine-year-old grandson
Contact Teresa Bryant today at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 336-703-3744 to organize your community service project. Read more information about this project, .
Your participation is vital to support deserving children! Help us reach beyond the 200 children sponsored last year!