- By Don Dwiggins
- Posted Thursday, April 1, 2010
Poetry, Rap, Song Contest for Youth
As part of our On the Same Poem program, the Library will have a poetry/rap/song contest for middle & high school students. Entry forms can be found at any Library location, or from your student’s teachers and media specialists. Prizes will be awarded in two age groups and winners will receive signed copies of Shadow Box by Fred Chappell, a Borders gift card and lunch with the poet at On the Same Poem.
- Writings may be on any subject, in any style.
- Must be an original work that has not been published.
- Only 3 works per person will be accepted.
- Submit your work typewritten in 10 or 12 point font
- Automatic disqualification for expletives, and derogatory or sexually explicit references.
The deadline for entries is April 10th. For more information call 703-3081.