- By Anna Shaffner
- Posted Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Support Dad on Father’s Day by participating in Men’s Health Week!
Men’s Health Week is an annual celebration the week leading up to and including Father’s Day. The goal of Men’s Health Week is to celebrate the positive roles of men and boys within our society, increase awareness of common preventable health problems specific to men and boys and encourage early detection and treatment of disease. Some of the issues to focus on during Men’s Health Week include heart health, injury prevention, prostate and testicular cancers, and respiratory diseases.
Support your Dad’s health and well-being by seeing that he:
- exercises regularly and eats a well-rounded, healthy diet
- drinks plenty of water
- has regular physicals with his doctor
- limits alcohol intake
- is tobacco-free
You can help Dad be healthier by:
- being his exercise partner
- giving him written notes and words of encouragement for living a healthy lifestyle
- cooking a healthy meal with him
- taking cooking, health or exercise classes together
Join the celebration of Men’s Health Week by participating in local events and WEARING BLUE to show your support! More information can be found at the following sites: