- By April Bowman
- Posted Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Livestock Judging in January
The Forsyth/Stokes 4-H Livestock Judging team brought home lots of ribbons and awards at the Livestock Judging in January contest. Pictured front row, left to right (junior team): Lynae Bowman, Hannah King, Anna Hill (not pictured Allison Hartman). Back row, left to right (senior team): Wesley Fishel, Kate Hice, Melanie Fishel, Brandon Hartman and Tyler Berrier.
The Forsyth/Stokes 4-H Livestock Judging team competed in the Judging in January contest on Saturday, January 24 in Raleigh, NC at the NC State University Beef Unit. The event is hosted by the NC Jr Hereford Association and the NC 4-H Livestock department. The results were as follows:
Senior Division (14-18 year olds):
- Brandon Hartman; 1st Overall Senior Individual, 1st in beef cattle, 6th in oral reasons, 5th in meat goats, 7th in sheep and 8th in swine.
- Kate Hice; 7th overall, 1st in meat goats, 4th in swine
- Melanie Fishel; 10th in beef cattle
- Wesley and Melanie Fishel, Kate Hice and Brandon Hartman made up the Forsyth/Stokes Senior team and they were 3rd overall, 4th in oral reasons, and 3rd in swine, goats and cattle. Tyler Berrier also competed in the contest.
Junior Division (9-13 year olds):
- Lynae Bowman; 3rd overall, 2nd beef cattle, 6th in oral reasons
- Hannah King; 2nd in sheep, 3rd in oral reasons
- Anna Hill and Allison Hartman joined Lynae and Hannah to round out the junior team. They were 6th overall, 3rd in oral reasons, 5th in swine, 4th in beef cattle and 2nd in sheep.
The team is sponsored by Stokes and Forsyth County Farm Bureau and Alpha Graphics. We couldn't do it without them!