- By Karin Burnette
- Posted Friday, March 18, 2016
Rabies Vaccines for $5 Spay/Neuter Vouchers for $10
A series of low cost rabies vaccination clinics, sponsored by the Forsyth Spay Day Coalition, are being held at the Forsyth County Animal Shelter this year. The next clinic is on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and is open to anyone needing a rabies vaccination for their pet. One (1) and three (3) year vaccinations will be available. Proof of current Rabies vaccination required for 3 year vaccinations (must present rabies certificate from vet -- Rabies tags are not valid proof). Only cash transactions accepted. Dogs, cats and ferrets only. Dogs must be leashed. Cats and ferrets must be in carriers. Pets must be at least 3 months of age.
Clinic Cost: $5.00 per vaccination
Dates & Times: Wednesday, March 23 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 16 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Location: Forsyth County Animal Shelter
5570 Sturmer Park Circle, Winston-Salem, 27105
All proceeds support the Forsyth Spay Neuter Coaliton which provides vouchers to assist low income households with the cost of altering their pets.
$10 Spay/Neuter Vouchers will also be available to low-income Forysth County households seeking assistance in altering their pets. The leading animal welfare organizations in the nation have determined that spaying and neutering is a fundamental element of responsible pet ownership and the key to reducing the number of unwanted pets.
To Get a Voucher, Forsyth County Residents Must Bring:
- Proof of government assistance (WIC card, W2, food stamps, Medicaid, etc.)
- $10 per voucher (CASH ONLY PLEASE)
- A valid photo ID that shows your current address (must be a Forsyth County Resident)
- Each household is limited to 3 vouchers.
- Cash only. Credit cards, debit cards, or checks will not be accepted.
- Only pets older than 3 months and less than 7 years of age are eligible