- By Scott Angell
- Posted Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Kevin Rogers Selected as the APWA National Public Fleet Pro. Manager of the Year for 2018
Fleet Manager, Kevin Rogers, has been selected as the American Public Works Association's (APWA) National Public Fleet Professional Manager of the Year for 2018. This honor comes on the heels of Kevin's selection as the North Carolina Chapter of APWA's Fleet Manager of the Year in September of last year. The National award seeks to inspire excellence and dedication in the public sector by recognizing the outstanding career service achievements of public fleet management professionals. Kevin was selected for the National award based on the following criteria:
– Significant contributions to the advancement of public fleet management.
– Outstanding leadership and vision evidenced by employing progressive management techniques in the area of public fleet management.
– Employment of new and innovative ideas and technology resulting in the advancement of the effectiveness of public fleet management.
4) Agency Service
– Implementation of effective methods to optimize fiscal management of public fleet operations.
5) Customer Service
– Maintenance of a high degree of satisfaction among customers and other stakeholders.
6) Community Service
– Promotion of the field of public fleet management in the community, agency or customers served.
– Supporting the advancement of sustainable contributions in public works.
“Kevin genuinely loves his job, the people he works with, and looks forward to coming to work every day. He is very enthusiastic and passionate about all aspects of the maintenance and management of over 600 fleet and equipment assets and strives tirelessly to meet the challenges of the position, implement his vision, and achieve excellence in every way,” said Scott Angell, Forsyth County’s General Services Director. “Kevin cares greatly about his employees, running an efficient operation, and the positive reputation of the Fleet Division. His passion and care for his work are obvious in numerous ways but particularly through his core values that include: valuing relationships, superior customer service, quality work, continuous improvement, and ensuring employees are safe, empowered, and recognized for their efforts,” Angell continued.
Kevin will receive his award in August at APWA’s annual Awards Recognition Ceremony in Kansas City, Missouri. He is in his 10th year as Forsyth County’s Fleet Manager. Congratulations Kevin for the recognition of your outstanding service, excellence and dedication to public fleet management through your efforts with Forsyth County. Well done!