Forsyth County is looking for volunteers to serve on a wide variety of committees.
“It’s a way to serve, without going through an election, and having a meaningful impact on the very important operations of county government,” said County Commissioner Vice Chair Don Martin.
Currently needed positions are below. Click on the committee for more information or to apply:
• Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee is seeking 11 appointments. Committee members visit Adult Care Homes and Family Care Homes, interact with residents and advocate for their quality care.
• Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee is seeking eight appointments. Committee members visit the county’s nursing homes and advocate for quality care in them.
• Animal Control Advisory Board has openings for a county resident who does not own a companion animal and the county health director or his designee.
• Community Child Protection Team/Child Fatality Prevention Team has an opening for a parent of a child who died before they were 18 years-old.
• Emergency Management Advisory Council has positions available for two general members.
• Forsyth County Agricultural Advisory Board has an opening for someone who is not a farmer.
• Forsyth County Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Council has an opening for a service recipient.
• Forsyth County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council has openings for a juvenile defense attorney and a person under 18 years old who is a member of the State Youth Council.
• Library Board has one appointment available.
• City/County Public Art Commission has one opening for a civil or business leader.
• Risk Management Advisory Committee has two appointments open.
• Tourism Development Authority is looking for a hotel/motel owner or operator with 100 or more rental units.
The deadline to apply is Dec. 5 at 5 p.m. Forsyth County commissioners will choose and appoint committee members from those who apply at a future meeting.
Open Appointments List
Simon G. Atkins Academic and Technology High School
Copyright © 2021 Forsyth County, North Carolina.