- By Monique Pearce-Brady
- Posted Friday, July 31, 2020
State 4-H Presentation Winners Announced
The results are in! Forsyth County brought home ten medals in the Virtual State 4-H Presentation competition.
There were 315 4-H'ers who competed in State Presentation Finals. Congratulations to all of our 4-H'ers who competed in the District and or State Presentation competition. With the changes that we had to make this year due to the pandemic, you all and our 4-H'ers step up to the plate and did a fantastic job.
There will be a Facebook Live Premier Video of the winners, Thursday, August 6th, at 7:00pm on the North Carolina 4-H Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NorthCarolina4H/ .
Congratulations to our medalist:
- Luke Arrowood 14-18 Fisheries & Aquatic Resources, Gold Medal
- Julia Gatewood 11-13 Horticulture Science, Gold Medal
- Sophia Gatewood 11-13 Electric, Gold Medal
- Cana Hooker 11-13 Peanut Foods, Silver Medal
- Amarie Johnson 11-13 Environmental Science, Silver Medal
- Sierra Mussetter 11-13 Agriculture Science, Silver Medal
- Rachel Patton 08-10 Forestry & Wildlife Individual Presentation, Bronze Medal
- Sarah Patton 08-10 Family & Consumer Sciences, Gold Medal
- Laurelyn Ridge 14-18 Fruits and Vegetable Use, Gold Medal
- Judah Stewardson 08-10 Foods & Nutrition, Silver Medal
Other youth that competed in the State Competition in some very tough categories included:
- Kylee Coster 14-18 Arts & Communications
- Olivia Gatewood 11-13 Science and Technology
- Sarah Kearney 14-18 Horse Individual Presentation
- Camille McEachern 14-18 Family & Consumer Sciences
- Nathan Patton 14-18 Science and Technology
For more information about 4-H Presentations or 4-H in general, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2856.