- By Christina Howell
- Posted Friday, September 11, 2020
Proposals Wanted for Editor Position
The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office is requesting quotes for an up to eight-month part-time contract for the provision of editing, photography, and videography services. The majority of the time will be spent on photo and video editing. Applicants must be able to take footage given to them and create 1 to 3 minute videos for social media channels in a timely manner resulting in a polished and exciting product. Along with editing, this position will also shoot photos and videos as needed; applicants must also be proficient working with LAV mics, syncing video and audio, and rendering professional audio. Content will be used for a variety of purposes, including on agency social media and websites, as well as directly provided to the media.
* This contract will be for up to eight (8) months beginning November 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2021; continuation of services will be dependent on funding from the County.
* Average time per week expected is approximately twenty-four (24) hours, which includes on-scene editing and work.
* Explicit schedules and plans shall be created in coordination with the PR Unit and corresponding agency events and schedule.
* Open communication and dialogue is expected, including attendance of a weekly meeting to craft messages and plan content.
* Availability to attend and document agency events, including on weekends and holidays.
* Be able to pass a background check and possess a valid NC Driver's License.
* Must be able to take footage given to him/her and create 1 to 3 minute videos from both scratch and using templates.
* Must be able to produce a polished, exciting product consistent with current brand in a timely manner, occasionally in just a few hours.
* Must be proficient in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro X. The preference is for someone familiar with Mac OS.
* Must be proficient working with LAV mics, syncing video and audio, and rendering professional audio.
* Must have photo and video experience using Canon and Sony DSLR's.
* Must have knowledge of lighting multiple subjects in various scenarios.
* Must be physically able to set up light stands, lights, modifiers, tripods, and any other equipment setup needed for each project.
* Must include links to portfolios or video work with proposal.
Scope of Work
* The quote for services shall encompass provision of the following items, totaling twenty-four (24) hours of weekly effort:
* Twenty (20) hours per week of on-site editing services, plus:
* Attendance at weekly planning meeting, one (1) hours.
* Attendance at events as needed to take photographs/video, two (2) hours.
* Fresh visual content generated on a weekly basis, including videos and still images for social media, one (1) hours.
* FCSO shall maintain the copyrights to the original creative content for future use.
* Storage of all original content that is created for use on the Sheriff's Office mobile cloud.
* Visual content shall be made to be compatible with both mobile and desktop devices.
All interested parties shall submit a written quote detailing services provided and cost by 5:00pm on Friday, September 25th to Randy C. Hunsucker via email at BUSINESS@fcso.us.
The quote for services shall:
1. Detail the qualifications of the provider
2. The anticipated services the party would provide during the contract
3. Link to portfolios and/or video work
4. All-inclusive cost and payment terms (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.)