- By Todd Luck
- Posted Saturday, July 10, 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations will be available at schools, A/perture Cinema and more
Forsyth County Department of Public Health will be offering COVID-19 vaccinations at local schools, A/perture Cinema with a free popcorn and movie pass, the 6th District Congressional Town Hall, Community Mosque and the Health Department.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at the following community vaccination events:
- Wednesday, July 14, 3:30 p.m.-6 p.m., at Northwest Middle, 5501 Murray Road, and Parkland High, 1600 Brewer Road (Student vaccinations start at 2 p.m. Vaccinations for Tdap and Menactra vaccinations will be available for 7th and 12th graders)
- Thursday, July 15, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., 6th Congressional Town Hall, Rupert Bell Park, 1501 Mt. Zion Place
- Saturday, July 17, 9 a.m.- 12 noon, A/perture Cinema, 311 W. 4th Street (Free popcorn and movie pass with vaccination)
Appointments and walk-ups are also accepted at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave, for COVID-19 vaccinations:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Walk-ups are accepted Mon-Tues. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m and Sat 9 a.m.-12 noon. The clinic closes for lunch from noon-1 p.m.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is also currently available.