- By Todd Luck
- Posted Saturday, August 21, 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations offered at community venues and health department with cash cards
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health will offer COVID vaccinations at community events, including Bowman Gray Stadium, Crystal Towers and the Minority Business Expo, and at the health department.
One hundred dollars worth of cash cards are currently available to anyone 18 and older who receives their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine, and $25 cash cards are available to non-commercial drivers who take someone to receive their first dose. The cards are for first doses only, and each patient’s COVID vaccination history will be checked before the shot is administered or the cash card is given. Cards will be available while supplies last.
Third doses for people with moderately or severely compromised immune systems who received two doses of either Moderna or Pfizer are being administered at the health department. Individuals should consult with their physician on if they need a third dose and are encouraged to make an appointment with their specialist or at their primary care clinic.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at these community vaccination events:
- Saturday, August 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church Community Day Event, 149 Wheeler Street
- Saturday, August 21, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Bowman Gray Stadium Racing, South Parking Lot, 1250 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive. The first 100 adults, 18 and over, that receive their first dose will get a free admission ticket for that night’s race.
- Sunday, August 22, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Shiloh Baptist Church, 916 E. 12th Street
- Wednesday, August 25, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Crystal Towers, 625 W. 6th St.
- Thursday, August 26, 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Faith Action ID Drive at Sin Frontereas Church, 5490 Shattalon Drive
- Saturday, August 28, 12 p.m.-5 p.m., Triad Minority & Women's Business Expo at The Enterprise Conference and Event Center, 1922 S MLK Jr Drive
Appointments and walk-ups for COVID-19 vaccinations are accepted during the week at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Walk-ups are accepted Mon-Tues. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Weekend COVID vaccinations at the health department are held on the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m.-12 noon.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is available. A limited supply of Moderna is available.