- By Todd Luck
- Posted Saturday, October 2, 2021
COVID vaccinations offered at Carolina Classic Fair and other events
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health is offering COVID vaccinations at the health department and at Carolina Classic Fair and other community events. First dose vaccinations at the Fair include free admission.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at these community vaccination events:
- Saturday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church Community Day Event, 149 Wheeler Street
- Sunday, Oct. 3, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Carolina Classic Fair, Winston-Salem Fairgrounds, Gate 1
- Saturday, Oct. 9, 4 p.m.-6:30 p.m., The Enterprise Center, 1922 S. Martin Luther King Jr Dr
Appointments are encouraged for COVID-19 vaccinations and are accepted during the week at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Vaccine COVID-19 clinic hours at the health department are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Thursday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday vaccinations at the health department will be held the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m-12 p.m.
Booster shots are available to individuals who have been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine for at least six months and are at least 65 years of age or older or in a long term facility, or are over 18 with an underlying condition or at increased risk of exposure due to occupation or institutional setting. Individuals can get their booster shot from participating providers and do not need to get it from the same provider they received their first two doses from. Third doses for people with moderately or severely compromised immune systems who received two doses of Moderna are also available.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine for ages 18 and up is currently unavailable. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is available. Moderna is also available for ages 18 and up.