- By Todd Luck
- Posted Saturday, November 6, 2021
COVID vaccinations available for children and adults at health department and community events
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health is offering COVID vaccinations for both children ages 5-11 and those ages 12 and up at the health department and community events.
Due to the difference in prepping and administering the Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year-olds, which is a third of the dose used for ages 12 and up, there will be community vaccination events devoted solely to children, while others will have only vaccine for ages 12 and above. Appointments are available for all ages groups at the Public Health Department. There is at least a 15 minute observation period after all COVID vaccinations for all ages.
Appointments are available for the following community vaccination event only for ages 5-11:
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 2 p.m.-5 p.m., Kaleideum North, 400 West Hanes Mill Road. Schedule an appointment at Bit.Ly/KaleideumVaccinations. Due to space limitations, there is a limit of one adult per child. Children who receive the vaccine will get free admission for a future visit to Kaleideum.
Walk-ups will be accepted at the following community vaccination events only for ages 12 and up:
- Sunday, Nov. 7, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Galilee Missionary Baptist Church, 4129 Northampton Drive
- Monday, Nov. 8, 2-5 p.m., Jocelyn Johnson Municipal Services Facility, Suite 150 (Employee Medical Services entrance), 2000 Lowery Street
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2 -5:30 p.m., Bolton Food Bank, 1210 Bolton Street
Appointments are encouraged for COVID-19 vaccinations at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- COVID vaccination appointments for all ages are available for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Appointments are available for Saturdays from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. for COVID vaccinations for ages 5-11 only.
- The health department will be closed Thursday for Veterans Day.
Booster shots are available to Individuals who received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine if it’s been 6 months since they received their second shot and they’re 65 years and older, or if they’re age 18+ and live in a long-term care setting, or have underlying medical conditions, or who work or live in a high-risk setting.
Anyone over 18 may receive a booster dose of Johnson & Johnson if it’s been 2 months since their single dose of that vaccine.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. While supplies last, the single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine for ages 18 and up is available as is the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, and Moderna for ages 18 and up.