- By April W Bowman
- Posted Thursday, May 19, 2022
Consider Hosting a 4-H Japanese Exchange Student This July-August!
North Carolina 4-H offers opportunities for members and their families to become part of a growing tradition that includes leadership, cultural exploration, and fun! Through the 4-H Inbound and Outbound exchange programs provided through NC 4-H, families gain a wealth of knowledge, life-changing experiences, and shared memories that will last a lifetime!
- Inbound defines an opportunity for a family to host a delegate during the summer months for the International Exchange Program.
- Host families must have a sibling of the same gender and within 2-3 years of age of the visiting delegate.
- Host Sibling Age Requirements: 10-18.
- You can host a youth age 12-18 or an adult chaperone
- Youth must have their bed, but do not need a separate bedroom
- You will host from July 13 through August 14 in 2022
- Must meet specific guidelines for your family to be able to host a delegate.
Forsyth County 4-H does have tentative plans to host at least one youth, so families could get together and visit at a local park, pool, or recreation center to visit!
View the program flyer here.
Learn more and sign-up at https://go.ncsu.edu/4-HInternationalExchange.
For more information, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2856.