- By John Burgiss
- Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2023
PROPERTY TAXES ARE DUE BY JANUARY 5
The last day to pay 2022 property taxes without penalty is Thursday, January 5, 2023.
Due to the construction adjacent to the Forsyth County Government Center causing road and sidewalk closures, we encourage property owners to use one of the payment methods listed below.
TEMPORARY DIRECTIONS to Government Center due to construction:
- Pay online with credit/debit card or eCheck (fees will apply)
- By mail (please be aware that mail delivery is slower than normal during the holiday season)
If you do plan to pay your property tax bill in person, you must turn onto Chestnut Street from either 3rd or 4th Street to access the Government Center building and parking deck.
- In person payments are accepted at the Tax Collection office on the 1st floor of the Government Center, 201 N. Chestnut Street, weekdays 8am-5pm.
- A payment drop box is also conveniently located on the Chestnut Street side of the Government Center building and is accessible 24 hours a day.
Forsyth County offices will be closed for Christmas and New Year’s holidays on 12/23, 12/26, 12/27, 2022 and 1/2, 2023. For further information, please contact us at (336) 703-2300.