Department of Social Services

How to Report Child and Adult Abuse and Neglect

To report Child Abuse & Neglect, call (336) 703-ABUSE (703-2287) or fax (336) 726-0249 (24 hrs 7 days a week)

For additional information, click here:

To report Adult Abuse and Neglect, dial (336) 703-3503 (after 5pm call (336) 703-ABUSE (703-2287))

For additional information, click here:

Department of Social Services News

Department of Social Services

Pandemic Rental Assistance Still Available Through Forsyth County; City Program Complete

By Forsyth County and City of Winston-Salem / December 6, 2021

Low-income city residents behind on their rent or utilities because of the COVID-19 pandemic can still seek assistance through Forsyth County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program now that the city has successfully completed its version of the federally funded program and helped more than 2,500 households.

Department of Social Services

Social Services to offer assistance on water bills

By Todd Luck / November 30, 2021

The Forsyth County Department of Social Services has been awarded $659,455 of NC Department of Health and Human Services’ $38 million in federal funding to establish a new water assistance program for households affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Department of Social Services

Local organizations donate Thanksgiving meals to DSS clients

By Todd Luck / November 23, 2021

Local organizations have donated approximately 52 turkey meals to the Forsyth County Department of Social Services to distribute to families receiving child welfare services and other DSS clients in need this Thanksgiving.

View Archived News

Online Tools