Back to List
Firefighters Relief Fund Board of Trustees
General Statutes 58-84-1, 58-84-5, 58-84-10, 58-84-25, 58-84-30, 58-84-35 and 58-84-40 established the “Firemen’s Relief Fund”. The fund is based on a state tax that is applied to all premiums written on fire and lightning insurance policies covering property located within specific fire districts. These funds can be used to:
Blank LineBlank Line
- Safeguard firefighters from financial loss caused by sickness or injury contracted while in the performance of duties as a firefighter.
- Provide reasonable support for dependants of firefighters that are killed in the line of duty.
- Provide assistance to a destitute firefighter.
- Provide assistance to a firefighter to pay insurance dues.
- Provide supplemental retirement, workers compensation and other insurance and pension protection for firefighters.
- Provide educational benefits to firefighters and their dependants.
The primary purpose of the Board is to determine investment strategies for the fund and disbursements from the fund.
The Board consists of five members. Two members are appointed by the Forsyth County Fire and Rescue Association and serve a term of two years. Two members are appointed by the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners and serve a term of two years. One member is appointed by the North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance and serves at the pleasure of the Commissioner.
The Board meets upon the call of the Chairman, a majority of the members, or the Fire Administrator.
The following appointments are open for applicants:
Forsyth County Code
The County Code is the official record of ordinances adopted by the Forsyth County
Board of Commissioners. By clicking on the link below, you will be able to access
an online copy of the County Code.
Please note that when you click on this link, you will be leaving the Forsyth County
website and entering a website owned and operated by Municipal Code Corporation,
also known as “Municode.” The County Code displayed on the Municode site is updated
annually and, therefore, may not contain recently approved ordinances.
View the Forsyth County Code
TV Broadcast Schedule
The Commissioner's meetings, held on Mondays, are broadcast live at 6:00 pm on WSTV
13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the following Tuesday at 9:00
AM and the following Wednesday at 9:00 pm.
The Commissioner's briefings, held on Thursdays, are broadcast live at 2:00 pm on
WSTV 13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the same day at 6:00 pm.