Back to List
Animal Control Advisory Board
The Advisory Board makes recommendations on animal control codes, policies and programs related to animals.
The Forsyth County Animal Control Advisory Board is an eleven (11)-member board identified in Forsyth County Code Chapter 6, Sec. 6-5 Animal Control Advisory Board. Members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners pursuant to identified interest categories. Capacity requirements are as follows:
Blank LineBlank Line
- Two (2) at large members
- A representative of the Forsyth County Veterinarian Association
- Two (2) members affiliated with animal welfare organizations
- A member who is the owner of a fertile hunting dog
- A member who is affiliated with a purebred animal registry
- A member who does not own a companion animal
- A member who owns an animal other than a dog or cat
- A representative of the Health Department
- A representative of a municipality receiving animal control services
- Ex-Officio non-voting member: Animal Control Director.
Initially, five members shall be appointed to one-year terms and six members appointed to two-year terms. Thereafter, all members shall be appointed to two-year terms. Members may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms.
Advisory board meetings are currently held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m., Forsyth County Animal Shelter, 5570 Sturmer Park Circle, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The following appointments are open for applicants:
Forsyth County Code
The County Code is the official record of ordinances adopted by the Forsyth County
Board of Commissioners. By clicking on the link below, you will be able to access
an online copy of the County Code.
Please note that when you click on this link, you will be leaving the Forsyth County
website and entering a website owned and operated by Municipal Code Corporation,
also known as “Municode.” The County Code displayed on the Municode site is updated
annually and, therefore, may not contain recently approved ordinances.
View the Forsyth County Code
TV Broadcast Schedule
The Commissioner's meetings, held on Mondays, are broadcast live at 6:00 pm on WSTV
13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the following Tuesday at 9:00
AM and the following Wednesday at 9:00 pm.
The Commissioner's briefings, held on Thursdays, are broadcast live at 2:00 pm on
WSTV 13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the same day at 6:00 pm.