The Forsyth County Consolidated Human Services (CHS) Board is the policy-making, rule-making, and administrative board for the Forsyth County Consolidated Human Services Agency which consists of Public Health and Social Services. The State law allows for the Consolidation of Human Services departments and, if the Public Health Department is affected, the CHS Board is charged with the statutory responsibilities of a local Public Health Board.
The Forsyth County CHS Board has the authority to adopt local rules which address health issues and which are enforced by the Consolidated Human Services Director and staff of the Consolidated Human Services Agency Public Health Division staff. The CHS Board also has the authority to:
1) set fees for departmental services based upon recommendation of the human services director subject to the same restrictions on amount and scope that would apply to a county board of health, a county board of social services, or a mental health, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse area authority;
2) assure compliance with laws related to federal and State programs; recommend creation of local human services programs;
3) recommend creation of local human services program;
4) adopt local health regulations and participate in enforcement appeals of local regulations;
5) perform regulatory health functions required by State law;
6) act as coordinator or agent of the State to the extent required by State or federal law;
7) plan and recommend a consolidated human services budget;
8) conduct audits and reviews of human services programs, including quality assurance activities, as required by State and federal law or as may otherwise by necessary periodically;
9) advise local officials through the County Manager;
10) perform public relations and advocacy functions;
11) protect the public health to the extent required by law; and
12) develop dispute resolution procedures for human services contractors and clients and public advocates, subject to applicable State and federal dispute resolution procedures for human services programs, when applicable.
Membership of the Forsyth County Consolidated Human Services Board is prescribed by State law (N.C.G.S. 153A-77(c)(1a-5)). The initial CHS Board is comprised of 18 members or such number as the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners shall determine at a later date. The members are appointed by the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners, serve staggered four-year terms, and may serve a maximum of two consecutive four-year terms. Members must be residents of Forsyth County.
Consolidated Human Services Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. and may alternate being held at the Forsyth County Public Health Department, 799 North Highland Avenue or at the Walter Marshall Social Services Building, 741 North Highland Avenue Winston-Salem, NC. The meetings are open to the public.
The following appointments are open for applicants:
|Capacity and Additional Information||Deadline to Apply|
|Apply Online||At Large or Consumer of Human Services; One (1) Appointment, Four-Year Term, Expiring September 2022||10/18/2018 5:00:00 PM|