The Immunization Clinic provides child and adult vaccines which are administered
by Registered Nurses. Vaccines that are required by NC Immunization Law, as well
as those that are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control, for children and
adults are available. Vaccines are provided without charge in some situations, while
some vaccines require a fee (see details below).
Most vaccines that are recommended for travel outside of the US are available for
a fee through the Immunization Clinic, with the exception of yellow fever and typhoid
vaccines which are no longer provided. Travel vaccine resources are available at
other sites in and around Forsyth County (see list below).
There is no requirement for residency in Forsyth County in order to receive any
of these vaccines.
All vaccines administered are entered into the North Carolina Immunization Registry (NCIR), a web-based,
confidential, real-time database containing immunization information on adults and
children across the state. All local health departments and a majority of private
vaccine providers in the state participate and use this tool to improve immunization
rates of children, provide complete and up-to-date records for children and adults,
and maintain a secure location for accessing immunization records in the future.
- Immunizations that are required by NC Immunization Law, as well as those that
are recommended, are available without charge for children (through 18 years of
age) who have Medicaid, are uninsured, are underinsured, or insured by North Carolina
Health Choice. Children (through 18 years of age) who have full insurance coverage
are charged for all vaccines.
(See price list.)
- Tetanus/diphtheria (Td), Tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap), and Measles/Mumps/Rubella
(MMR) vaccines are available without charge for adults only in certain limited circumstances.
Adult vaccines needed for college/university entrance are also available but may
require a fee. (See price
- Additional vaccines that may be recommended for work or school or by a physician
are available for a fee.
(See price list.)
- Payment must be made by check or cash. An itemized receipt is provided for filing
with insurance company, if needed. We are not able to bill insurance at this time.
Walk-in basis (first come, first serve).
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8:30 am - 3:45 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am - 6:45 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 11:45 am
Forsyth County Dept. of Public Health, Clinic 3
Adults should bring previous immunization record. Children’s immunization record
must be provided in order to receive services.
Other Travel Vaccine Resources
- Blue Ridge Medical Associates: (336) 774-9000
- Passport Health: (336) 768-0717
- Infectious Disease Specialists: (336) 718-0440
- WFUBMC Travel Clinic: (336) 716-4395
- Guilford County Health Department
- Greensboro: (336) 641-6220
- High Point: (336) 845-7699
- Davidson County Health Department: (336) 242-2510