- By Kim Helpler
- Posted Friday, August 7, 2009
Volunteers Needed for Local Boards
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on September 28, 2009.
- Two (2) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, One-Year Term, Expiring March 2010 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring May 2011 [Capacity: Special Experience or Education in Design]
- One (1) Nomination to the CENTERPOINT HUMAN SERVICES, Three-Year Term, Expiring September 2012 [Capacity: Business Representative, Family MH/DD]
- Two (2) Appointments to the EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COUNCIL, Three-Year Terms, Expiring September 2012 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY HISTORIC RESOURCES COMMISSION, Four-Year Term, Expiring November 2012 [Capacity: Local Historic Landmark Property Owner]
- Two (2) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Terms, Expiring June 2011 [Capacities: One (1) Member of Business Community; One (1) Juvenile Defense Attorney]
- Three (3) Appointments to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, One (1) Three-Year Term, Expiring October 2012, and Two (2) One-Year Terms, Expiring October 2010 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the REGION I AGING ADVISORY COUNCIL, Three-Year Term, Expiring September 2012 [Capacity: County Resident]
- One (1) Appointment to the TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Term, Expiring October 2012 [Capacity: Hotel/Motel Owner/Operator 100 or More Rental Units]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 5:00 p.m.