- By Lynne Mitchell
- Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009
SEASONAL FLU Vaccine Update
The Health Department currently has seasonal flu vaccine available for children 6 months through 35 months of age. We will not be getting any additional vaccine for adults.
Children may receive a seasonal flu vaccination or booster shot during regular clinic hours. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 am - 3:45 pm, Wednesday 9:30 am - 6:45 pm, and Friday 8:30 am - 11:45 am. Please check the Public Health website regularly for the most current flu information.
FCDPH urges you to take the following actions to protect yourself and others from
influenza (the flu):
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue
in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school
and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Stay at home for at least
24 hours after you no longer have fever or do not have signs of fever, without using