- By Kim Helpler
- Posted Thursday, January 21, 2010
Volunteers Needed for Local Boards
Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on February 22, 2010.
- Five (5) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, Two (2) Appointments, One-Year Terms, Expiring December 2010 and Three (3) Appointments, Three-Year Terms, One (1) Expiring January 2013 and Two (2) Expiring March 2013 [Capacity: “Open”]
- Three (3) Appointments to the APPEARANCE COMMISSION, WINSTON-SALEM/FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2013 [Capacities: One (1) “Open” and Two (2) “Special Experience or Education in Design”]
- Two (2) Appointments to the COALITION FOR DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION, Three-Year Terms, Expiring March 2013 [Capacities: One (1) “Business Representative” and One (1) “Religion Representative”]
- Five (5) Appointments to the EQUALIZATION AND REVIEW BOARD – 2010 to serve until all matters have been considered relative to tax listings and tax values for the current year
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Term, Expiring June 2011 [Capacity: “Juvenile Defense Attorney”]
- Two (2) Appointments to the FORSYTH COUNTY AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY BOARD, Three-Year Terms, Expiring February 2013 [Capacity: “Actively Engaged in Farming in Forsyth County”]
- One (1) Appointment to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, One-Year Term, Expiring March 2011 [Capacity: Open]
- Two (2) Appointments to the TEN-YEAR PLAN COMMISSION ON HOMELESSNESS, One (1) to Fill an Unexpired Term, Expiring January 2012 and One (1) Appointment, Three-Year Term, Expiring January 2013 [Capacities: One (1) “Criminal Justice Representative” and One (1) “Social Services Representative”]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 5:00 p.m.