- By Kelli Reick
- Posted Thursday, February 3, 2011
The Great Backyard Bird Count
Do you want to enjoy nature, spend more time with your family, and help conservationist in North Carolina? Then the Great Backyard Bird Count is for you.
On Saturday, February 19, 2019, from 10:00 am - noon, the Tanglewood Nature Education Department and members of the Forsyth Audubon Society will conduct the Great Backyard Bird Count. They will provide bird ID tips and advice on where to go in the park for the best bird-watching. Conduct your own bird count and enter the results in the Great Backyard Birdcount database hosted by the National Audubon Society and Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- Event will take place rain or shine.
- Admission is free with $2 per car park entrance fee.
- For an additional $15, the first 20 participants can build a bluebird box which included all materials for constructing your own white cedar bluebird nesting box. (Limit one per family)
- Also, a special early bird walk will begin at 9:00 am. Participants for the walk should meet at the gravel parking lost adjacent to BMX driveway across from Skilpot Lake.
- All other activities will begin at Walnut Hall.
For more information call (336) 703-6439 or send us an email.