- By Kim Hepler
- Posted Monday, November 5, 2012
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on October 22, 2012.
- Two (2) Appointments to the FIREFIGHTERS’ RELIEF FUND BOARD OF TRUSTEES, Two-Year Terms, Expiring January 2015 [Capacity: Open]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY HISTORIC RESOURCES COMMISSION, Four-Year Term, Expiring November 2016 [Capacity: Local Historic Landmark Property Owner]
- One (1) Appointment to the FORSYTH COUNTY JUVENILE CRIME PREVENTION COUNCIL, Two-Year Term, Expiring November 2014 [Capacity: Juvenile Defense Attorney]
- Two (2) Appointments to the NURSING HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, One (1) Appointment, Expiring November 2015 and One (1) Appointment, Expiring December 2015 [Capacity: Open] [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year.]
- Two (2) Appointments to the RISK MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring December 2015 [Capacity: County Representative]
- One (1) Appointment to the TEN-YEAR PLAN COMMISSION ON HOMELESS, Three-Year Term, Expiring January 2016 [Capacity: Social Services Representative]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page on the Commissioner's website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.