- By Yalonda Galloway
- Posted Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Limited Flu Vaccine Supply at the Health Department
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health would like to inform you that there is currently NO flu vaccine for adults; however, there is a limited supply for those individuals over age 65. The health department also has vaccine for un-insured children or patients receiving Medicaid through 18 years of age. They also have vaccine for children aged 6 months to 3 years of age regardless of insurance status.
We urge you to seek protection from the flu by visiting surrounding health departments, Urgent Care Centers, or local retail settings.
While getting the flu shot is the single best way to protect against the flu there are several other ways to prevent the virus.
- Wash your hands
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- If you are sick, stay home from work and keep your kids home from school if they are sick so it does not spread
- If you do become sick with the flu, there are anti-viral medications you can speak about with your doctor
Available flu shots can be received in Clinic 3 of the Health Dept at 799 N. Highland Avenue, Winston-Salem during the following hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-3pm
- Thursdays 9:30am-7pm
- Fridays 9am-12noon
- Clinic 3 is a walk in clinic; appointments are not necessary.
For more information about flu vaccination, contact the health department at 336-703-3100 or visit http://www.flu.nc.gov/