- By Jody Lohman
- Posted Thursday, March 19, 2015
AARP Tax Aide at Southside
AARP Free Tax Assistance
Southside Branch Library
3185 Buchanan St., Winston-Salem
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
AARP will provide FREE tax assistance at Southside Branch Library from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on March 30th & 31st and April 6th & 7th. They will prepare tax returns for ALL ages and income levels.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Picture ID
- W-2 forms and/or 1099s
- Social Security Cards (or ITIN) for yourself, your spouse, and each dependent to be listed on the tax return
- A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of any refund
- Totals for medical expenses, contributions, etc. (add all receipts prior to meeting)
- Employer ID (EIN) or SSN of all childcare providers for child care tax credit
- Proof of medical health insurance (on W2 or 1095-A)
View the Tax Newsletter for a complete listing of FREE tax assistance locations throughout the county, as well as ways to access federal and state tax forms and instructions. For more information, call Southside Branch Library at 336-703-2980.
Library staff and volunteers are NOT able to provide any tax assistance or advice regarding tax forms or tax returns.