- By Ashley Curtice
- Posted Wednesday, July 1, 2015
What is the Healthy Corner Store Network?
The Healthy Corner Store Network (HCSN) is a group of Corner Stores in our community that provides fresh produce and other healthy food items where a grocery store or supermarket is not available. These Corner Stores were given signage, shelving, and were taught how to store and prepare fresh produce to better serve customers.
The current stores in the Network are:
- Parker's Stop & Shop - 4257 Reidsville Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Tickled Pink Convenience - 3080 Kernersville Road, Winston-Salem, NC
- Kingz Downtown Market - 418 N Liberty Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- P&P Convenience - 2723 Farmall Street, Winston Salem, NC
- La Comercial- 1218 Waughtown Street, Winston Salem, NC
The HCSN was created because of the problem of Food Deserts in Forsyth County. Forsyth County is comprised of many geographical areas that are considered a “Food Desert.” Many people in our community have to travel more than 1-10 miles from their homes to get to a large grocery store or supermarket.
La Comercial was recently featured on the NC Alliance for Health's promotional video for the food insecurity work being done across the state. View the video.
Consider supporting the efforts of these stores by shopping for fresh produce and other healthy food items from a store in the HCSN today!
If you are a Store Owner who is interested in joining the Network, if you would like more information on the Healthy Corner Store Network or if you would like to get involved please contact: Ashley Curtice at 336-703-3175 or email@example.com.