- By Chad Miller
- Posted Friday, January 15, 2016
FCAC Advisory Board Considering Proposals to Amend Chapter 6 - Animals
Forsyth County Animal Control Advisory Board Invites Comment
The Animal Control Advisory Board is considering proposals to amend Chapter 6 Animals of the County Code to enhance the shelter requirements for animals maintained primarily outdoors. The areas under review include:
- Define suitable intervals for provision of adequate food & water;
- Establish standards for adequate space, temperature & cleanliness of confinement area;
- Identify solid surface flooring not acceptable as adequate shelter;
- Identify types of primary housing not acceptable as adequate shelter;
- Establish temperature ranges that should be considered potentially life threatening with prolonged outdoor activity avoided;
- Require animals transported in open bed trucks and trailers be cross tied to secure them within the vehicle.
Comment may be provided through the Animal Control website, via email, telephone, or at the January 21, 2016 meeting of the Forsyth County Animal Control Advisory Board.
For copies of the proposals, or more information, visit the Department of Animal Control website.
Contact: Chad Miller
The Animal Control Advisory Board meets the third Thursday every other month. The next meeting will be held January 21, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at:
Forsyth County Animal Shelter
5570 Strummer Park Circle
Winston-Salem, NC 27105