- By Jacquelyn White
- Posted Saturday, January 21, 2017
Database of the Week: Value Line Investment Research Center
Value Line is an investment research company collecting data and analyzing performance of approximately 8,000 stocks, 15,000 mutual funds, and 80,000 options and other securities.
DYNAMIC ONLINE CAPABILITIES
Value Line’s intuitively designed user interface has the built-in speed, convenience, accuracy and functionality that can transform an average investor into an extremely profitable one:
- Access, store, manage, and manipulate large volumes of critical data quickly and easily, thus formulating well-founded investment strategies and buy/sell decisions.
- Respond immediately to changes in stock performance and industry outlooks.
- Specify your own quantitative variables to set up customized stock screens and compare companies, funds, and other securities.
- Create customized graphs on hundreds of variables, and track multiple portfolios with alerts.
- Get free delayed stock quotes, company news, and analysts’ Supplementary Reports.
This database includes:
- The Value Line Investment Survey Library Edition
- The Value Line Expanded Library Edition
- The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey - Full-page reports on about 700 leading equity funds, and abbreviated reports on over 1,200 additional equity and bond funds. We also provide summary data reports on all of the funds in the Value Line Mutual Fund database, which contains about 20,000 total mutual funds. Additionally, you can use on-line screening tools to search the database for funds that meet your specific investment objectives.
- The Value Line Daily Options Survey - Daily evaluations and ranks on over 180,000 options, on about 2,000 stocks, and 11,000 longer-term options (LEAPS).
- The Value Line Special Situations Service - Opens the world of emerging companies with bright futures to the more aggressive investor. Our analysts are constantly on the lookout for lesser-known stocks where unusual developments may pave the way for extraordinary rewards.
- The Value Line Convertible Survey - Contains analysis and evaluation of over 700 convertible issues and nearly 120 warrants in a timely and easy to use format, as well as buy and sell recommendations, full- page reports on recommended securities, and news on companies in the service.