- By Jacquelyn White
- Posted Friday, September 29, 2017
Forsyth County Public Library's 2017 Bookmark Contest
Youth of all ages are invited to design a bookmark. Our judges will choose several designs from each grade or preschool age group. Winning bookmarks will be printed and distributed at all Forsyth County Public Libraries. Winning artists and their parents along with their school media specialist/teacher will be invited to a special celebration Thursday, November 16, 2017 to receive the first copies of their winning bookmarks.
IMPORTANT RULES OF THE CONTEST
- Design your bookmark in the space at right of the form. It can be vertical or horizontal. Marks outside the box cannot be printed, and the box itself will not be printed. You MUST use this form. If this form is reproduced, use WHITE paper ONLY!
- Use BLACK marker or pen ONLY. Pencils may be used for initial design but please retrace in black marker or pen before submitting your entry. (Pencil drawings do not reproduce well.) No colored markers, crayons, etc. Colored entries will be disqualified.
- Use your own artwork. Obvious tracings will not be accepted. Spell your words correctly! A misspelled
word disqualifies your bookmark.
- Please PRINT your contact information. We need ALL this information if your bookmark is a winner. If you are submitting your entry to your teacher, please make sure to put your TEACHER’S NAME AND SCHOOL on the form as well. Information must be legible in order for winners to receive proper notification.
Take your completed entry form to any Forsyth County Public Library, your school media center or classroom
teacher. THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES is FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6th, by 6:00 P.M.
Judges are looking for original and creative ideas. You might:
- Illustrate an original slogan about reading or books.
- Draw something from a favorite book or a favorite subject.
- Illustrate why you love the library.
- USE YOUR IMAGINATION!
You may enter as many designs as you like. Copies of this form are available at any Forsyth County Public Library, on our website, www.forsythlibrary.org, or you may photocopy this form.