- By Leslie Rose
- Posted Monday, January 11, 2021
Best Management Practices for Growing Blueberries, Strawberries, and Caneberries
Forsyth County residents are invited to join Durham County as they offer an online workshop series presenting best management practices for growing blueberries, strawberries, and caneberries (blackberries and raspberries).
Workshop 1: Integrated Pest Management (IPM) February 23, 2021 – 6:00-7:30 p.m. This online workshop will feature three NC State Extension Specialists presenting information about insects and diseases of small fruit to manage these pests for a successful growing season.
- Dr. Hannah Burrack – Small Fruit Insect Pests
- Dr. Sara Villani – Caneberry Diseases
- Dr. Bill Cline – Blueberry Diseases
This workshop event is free, but registration is required. Click here to register.
Workshop 2: Varieties and Management Practices March 1, 2021 – 6:00-7:30 p.m. This workshop will feature NC State Extension Specialists presenting information on variety trials and best management practices for growing small fruit.
- Dr. Gina Fernandez – Caneberries
- Dr. Bill Cline – Blueberries
- Dr. Mark Hoffman – Strawberries
- Wayne E. Mitchem – Weed Management
This workshop event is free, but registration is required Click here
Read more here.